Exclusive Luxury in Lake Como
There is nothing more intriguing than walking into a Villa deep in history, one that weathered the years then undergoes a intensive thorough renovation and is restored to welcome guests.
The Villa’s site is first mentioned by Pliny the Elder in the first century A.D., which is what gave it its name. Since then, many naturalists and scholars have written about the very particular Pliniana wellspring, including Leonardo da Vinci. Villa Pliniana’s land was originally selected and built on by Count Giovanni Anguissola in 1573. The heirs of Count Anguissola sold the Villa to Pirro Visconti Borromeo in 1590. Later, under the Canarisi family, who became the owner of Villa Plinana in 1676, the Villa reached its maximum splender Over the centuries, the Villa has been visited by many artists, scientists and monarchs, such Lord Byron and Napoleon, and widely loved for its beautiful panorama. The Villa can be rented as 8 bedrooms or 10 for a total of 18.
Poet Percy Shelley described Villa Pliniana in a letter to a friend in 1818: “This lake exceeds anything I ever beheld in beauty […] But the finest scenery is that of the Villa Pliniana so called from a fountain which ebbs and flows every three hours, described by the younger Pliny, which is in the courtyard. […] The scene from the colonnade is the most extraordinary, at once and the most lovely that eye ever beheld. On one side is the mountain, and immediately over you are clusters of cypress-trees of an astonishing height, which seem to pierce the sky. Above you from among the clouds, as it were descends a waterfall of immense size, broken by the woody rocks into a thousand channels to the lake. On the other side is seen the blue extent of the lake and the mountains speckled with sails and spires […]”
I visited this property in the fall of 2016 and 2017 during construction and after it was completed. As an ICON on the lake this historic property has always been a place of interest to me. There is something special the moment you peer over the road above and peer over the lake with the beautiful structure before you. For many years as I drove around the lake of Como, far across the other side I would look at the Villa Pliniana and wonder who lived there and what transpired there. The Lake is a place that reaches far beyond a place to take a holiday. It is rich in history and there are stories of families at every property and then more stories as families past and new people moved into the Villas.
This is a part of Italy that attracts people from all over the world. It’s beauty surpasses any place I have ever been, from the first time I was there, I knew I would return often. And now I can’t stay away. The Villa Pliniana a 16th Century estate can be rented as an entire Villa with 18 total bedrooms or 10. This will give access to the entire property with pool, private boat, living area, dining area, pool table (game room) and the terraces. It is a spectacular property and has been used by dignitaries and others in the U.S. and around the world to enjoy the optimum experiences in one of the most beautiful parts of the lake.
All floors are accessible via elevator from the parking lot.
- Rossini Hall which houses Rossini’s original piano, has incredible lake views and the original mosaic pavement.
- Napoleon’s Billiard Room.
- Access to the main loggia and central court with the celebrated Pliniana water-source and unbelievable lake views.
- Second Hall with seating area.
- Waterfall Unit: (3 bedrooms for up to 6 people): living room with TV and lake views, fully equipped kitchen with breakfast table and lake views, guest bathroom, two double bedrooms with two windows overlooking the lake, each with its own en suite bathroom, master bedroom with walk-in wardrobe, bathroom with incredible shower and lake views.
- Berthier de Wagram Unit:(1 bedroom for up to 2 people): living room, fully equipped kitchen with dining area, double bedroom with en suite bathroom (tub and separate shower) and walk-in wardrobe, guest bathroom. All rooms have lake views.
- Visconti: 4 bedrooms for up to 7 people): living room with TV and lake views, fully equipped kitchen with breakfast table and lake views, guest bathroom, double bedroom with 3 windows and lake views, en suite bathroom (tub and separate shower), double bedroom with en suite bathroom tub and separate shower, climb a flight of stairs to a twin bedroom and a single room that share a bathroom with shower (please note the ceilings are low).
- Belgiojoso: 2 bedrooms for up to 4 people, living room with TV and views over the lake, the loggia and mountains, dining room with lake views, guest bathroom, double bedroom with lake and mountain views and en suite bathroom (tub and separate shower), double bedroom with mountain views and en suite bathroom (tub and separate shower).
Addtional rooms on the estate:
- Unit 1: 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, kitchen, dining room, laundry room, living room.
- Unit 2: 4 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, kitchen, living room, fireplace, laundry room.
- Unit 3: 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living room, fireplace room, kitchen.
4:00 PM check in – check out 10:00 AM
This will be taken by the agency prior to check in, in the amount of €5000 plus a credit card will be collected at check in. Credit Limit of the Credit Card must be €25,000.
Food, beverages, spa treatments, airport transfers, water sports, tours
What's Included in the Cost
All facilities are included both pools and the entire property|concierge|Manager|daily cleaning|changing of towels & linens|Final cleaning|boat transport services is included